Tuesday, November 22, 2016

First Day Back to Real Life


I get up and start to get ready for the day. I feel completely overwhelmed thinking about going to school. So many questions run through my mind, What if he shows up? Will people know about it? What will people say? I finish getting ready and walk downstairs. As I get down there I see a lady sitting waiting for me to be ready to go. We are running a little late and to be honest I couldn't be happier about being late. We walk outside and there is a van plastered with the state logo on it. Are you kidding me incase this doesn't scream, "I am in state custody." I get to school as the bell rings; my first class is college English. I take a deep breath outside the door "I can do this." I walk in and turn around and walk back out, " I can't do this." As I walk down the stairs not sure where I am going one of my best friends walks up and asks if everything is okay. "No, no its not my world has been turned upside down." We decide now that I am crying to go to our volleyball coaches’ room. Every step I took, every corner I turned I was afraid he would be there. We walk in and our coach is chipper as always, soon he sees the look on my face and the mood gets serious as he asks what was wrong. I lose it and start crying even harder as I tell him the least about possible with still getting the point across. As I am finishing up another one of my teachers that I am close with walks in and I have to start all over....."And I am living in a safe home cause they don't know where to put me." Finally I am finished. Instantly my teacher says he has to go call his wife because they are going to take me to live with them and he needs to get it going. Live with my teacher’s family? Is that weird? I guess its better than no where and I had meet his wife once she was very nice so it will be okay right?
I don't make it to many classes that day. I get a call that he has taken off and is missing so they can’t arrest him; this causes more stress then any thing.
At lunch I see my brother. What do I do? Do I say hi, I have not seen him for day? I go to walk over to him and he turns away. My heart shattered in 100 pieces. What had they said to him? How could I handle this he was my best friend? It will blow over tomorrow will be better right?
I decided to try and go to my last class of the day, which was a class that we learned life skills in. About 10 minutes into class she informs us that we were going to talk about a hard subject of sexual abuse and rape. ARE YOU SHITTING ME? Without even thing tears start running down my checks I turn and look at my friend who knew. I stand up and walk out of class I can't do this. As I get out the door and down the hall a few steps the teacher walks out to see what is going on. At this point I am bawling, I tell her. She is so understanding and feels horrible. She informs me that this will be subject for a couple weeks so not to come.
School is over and I have to go back to the safe house that feels like prison. Once I get there I go right to my room until dinner. I am still not eating much it just makes me sick. At dinner tonight I have a lady that insists that I eat. Even after telling her I wasn't hungry she told me I would eat or not leave the table. I want to leave why am I being treated like a baby, I hate it here. I choke down the meatloaf (that taste horrible) just so I can go back to my room. I want nothing more then the therapist to come see me. Soon after dinner she comes. I have never been happier. I don't know what we are going to talk about but I don't care if we don't talk I just don't want her to leave. She stays for some time and we talk about stuff. After she leaves I climb in bed with my phone in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment