Sunday, November 6, 2016

My little brother

Starting on the 18th of November I will be posting everyday for a while to share my story day by day as the hardest week of my life unfolded 12 years ago. Todays post is on my little brother because November 6th is his birthday. I grew-up/live in a small town and growing up we lived outside of town and there weren't very many other kids so my brother was one of my best friends. We would do everything together from playing catch to sneaking into each other’s bedrooms to play Nintendo together. When one of us would get into trouble we would go to each other to complain to each other on how crappy it was. So to say the least on the day I got taken out of my house not only did I lose my brother but also I lost one of my best friends. I have not talked to my brother since the day I was removed and always think of him especially on this day.

During this month I try and keep myself busy, as that is one of my coping mechanisms. This is not a very efficient coping mechanism because I try not to face the feeling I really am having by staying as busy as possible. Well, as I have been doing everything on my "to-do list" I was listening to my music. The song Warrior by Demi Lovato (I posted it at the bottom of this post) came on and for the first time I really listened to the words. This song is speaking to me in so many ways. It took my almost 10 years to tell my truth to my mother and 12 more years to share it with all of you. My step-father (and other men in my life) took away my innocents when I was so young. But this song nailed it with its lyrics "Now I'm a warrior"!


Thank you all so much for reading my blog and I can't wait to continue sharing my story with you. If you want notification when I post a new blog follow me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment